ambainny
Sunday, October 29, 2006
sikh exhibit at Rubin A dyer at work
Drawn by Kehar Singh. The dyer a Muslim is busy at work. The rangrez is celebrated in folk songs for it is to him that maidens ask that their cholis and orhanis be dyed in bright colors of the rainbow.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Newer Post
Older Post
Home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
fontana
Malyali Men by Nisha Susan in Tehelka
The Double Life Of Bobby, Baby, Blossom, Biju And Shaji Lost causes, alcoholism, eve-teasing, world politics, parochialism. Is there no end ...
Upinder Singh
Sheela Reddy profiles historian Upinder Singh in Outlook. I like the idea of visiting ancient sites while writing about them. Also I did no...
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
I just finished reading this very depressing book. Kite Runner dealt with fathers and sons, this book deals with mothers and daughters. Here...
No comments:
Post a Comment