Babble writes about the Princess Culture and how to fight it.. I loved this line..I have to use it on MSGS.
Ultimately, when it comes to princesses, the incessant marketing makes me much crazier than the inherent mythology. So, in what is sure to be a crippling blow to the Princess Industrial Complex, I shall continue to not buy that crap. But at home, I’ll allow the DIY princess dress-up and the like — all while taking a page from the playbook of my genius friend Amy Reiter who, when her daughter, then about 4, indicated interest in becoming a princess, responded: “Ah yes! You know, you’ll have to work really hard, speak many languages, understand foreign relations and diplomacy. It might also be helpful to get a graduate degree in international studies.” Dahlia then changed her career plan to ballerina (then butterfly, then baker or car-service driver).
And maybe if I do cave and make birthday princess cupcakes, we’ll all dress up as dragons and eat them alive.
Here is a moderate response..
From Babble
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
The Double Life Of Bobby, Baby, Blossom, Biju And Shaji Lost causes, alcoholism, eve-teasing, world politics, parochialism. Is there no end ...
-
Sheela Reddy profiles historian Upinder Singh in Outlook. I like the idea of visiting ancient sites while writing about them. Also I did no...
-
I just finished reading this very depressing book. Kite Runner dealt with fathers and sons, this book deals with mothers and daughters. Here...
No comments:
Post a Comment