Sandra from Bandra

A wonderful 18 minute movie by Paromita Vohra. The movie looks for who and what the Sandra from Bandra was, the Christian Woman in an Indian context. Great interviews and footage of Bombay, along with Hindi song tracks. Thanks Amitava for the link.

I searched for a way to explore the stereotype of Christians more gently - through the aspects of fantasy that exist in the idea of the sexy, supposedly available but actually unattainable Christian woman. I've tried to stay away from dismantling stereotypes in the film, tending instead to create my own notion of this figure by taking my own and others' ideas of Sandra, and weaving in Bollywood imagery and interviews with women actually named Sandra living in Bandra.

Comments

http://bandrabuggers.blogspot.com/

Hi Amba!
Am writing a Bandra based blog and am a novice at blogging. Would aprreciate it if you could chk out my blog and post me a comment
rgds
BandraBugger

Popular posts from this blog

Justice at last