Parenting Magazine India

I read a copy of Parenting magazine, the January issue and am very impressed with its content, analysis and breath. The magazine covers age groups from birth to 5 to 7 year olds. The categories that it deals with are pregnancy and baby, food and nutrition, physical health, psychological heath, education and activities. It talks about issues like how to discuss sex with children, post partum depression and nutrition for toddlers. It also has expert advice by neonatologists, gynecologists, pediatricians and psychologists. It seems to have common sense and practical advice that can appeal to a large number of parents, without it seeming radically left or right of the mainstream. I enjoyed the article by Prabhdeep Kaur's, a birth story and the editorial by Jasleen Singh on the fact that children usually know what they want, it is upto us as parents to channel their behavior, rather than change them.

Comments

L said…
Hi,

I totally agree with you. I read the December and loved every article in it. I have not been able to find one here in Pune and I have misplaced the December issue. If you still have the Jan issue, can you please do me a favor and give me the editor' e-mail address or the site's URL so that I can write to them for subscription.

Thanks.
Lakshmi
Anonymous said…
Hi. I'm writing from Parenting. Was forwarded your blog. Many thanks. Copies should be available across India, but sometimes it is difficult to break the monopoly of larger magazine groups in certain parts of the country, to get on all newsstands. Parenting is distributed by Central News Agency (please tell the newsagent to ask them to send copies). If you could kindly inform us as to specifically where the magazine is not available, we'll try and get copies there asap. For subscriptions etc., our email id: marketing@parentingindia.com

Popular posts from this blog

Justice at last